Has it really been ten days already! Boy time flies! Today we spent the entire day at Santa Cruz Beach. I have one word for you - SUNBURN!!! I took sunscreen, but didn't think to put it on until we started to feel the burn. OOPS! But we had a GREAT day, especially the kids.
For anyone who hasn't seen one, this is a beach/boardwalk. At first the kids wanted to jump on all the rides. It didn't take long for them to decide that the ocean is a ride all by itself! We had fun walking up and down the boardwalk, though. This is the first beach we went to that actually had people on it. Didn't bother the kids at all. In fact, Jarod made several new friends.
Heading out to the beach.
Mom and her sandcastles again. This time I bought a bucket and shovel.
Jarod has no fear. He just heads right out into the ocean and lets the waves overtake him! Sometimes he scared me to death, but he just loved it.
Look at these cute kids boogey boarding! You'd think they were raised on the ocean how fast they picked this up.
Even Jarod boarded a little, with some help from daddy!
5 comments:
Man I want to go on vacation with you!I cant believe all the cool stuff you have seen. It will be sad to see it come to an end but nice to be home!
We just watched a show last night on Santa Cruz and Darren was saying how he would love to go there. Your vacation is turning out to be one of the best I have ever seen.
This is so much fun getting this vacation log. It is great to see pictures of places I have been, to and haven't been to. It's terrible to have to admit I have never been on the Oregon coast. Someday!!!
Too hard to remember sunscreen when you have had so many days of rain!!
I think Jarod didn't want a board--he seems to like being IN the water! Looks like you continue to have a great time. I can't believe you are wearing sweaters in California at the end of June! Sweaters in one picture, soaking wet in the next. This will be a trip you will always remember (and so will the rest of us, thanks to blog!)
Post a Comment