Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh that child. . .

The other night when I went to check on my children before I went to bed, I couldn't find Jarod. He wasn't in his bed. I looked in DJ's room, my room, Lindsie's room, the basement. By this time I'm starting to panic a little bit. I went back to his room to check again (maybe I just overlooked him) and I started to hear a very faint snore. Ok, so I knew that he was in his room somewhere so I tried to follow the sound. Finally figured out it was coming from his closet. YES he was sleeping in his closet. With the door closed. Not only was it closed, but somehow when he closed it he knocked it off it's rollers. I COULDN'T GET THE DOOR OPEN! Oh my word - what if there had been a fire? Or if he had a nightmare? He would have been trapped. Dean had to take the door all the way off so we could get into the closet.
He just has this need to keep me on my toes. That night I had a nightmare that there was a psycho hunting the children and we had to hide Jarod. Guess where we hid him?

5 comments:

The Fendleys said...

Well see, now you know where to hide him when the physco comes. He was doing you a favor. What a silly boy!! I would have been running all over my house going crazy, that is funny.

Ryan Cowley said...

LOL! He's such a funny kid!

Mr C said...

That boy is hilarious. Did he actually sleep through all the picture taking, the fixing of the door, and the physco?

Mr C said...

There seems to be something very special about that boy. Perhaps one day we will finally find out just what it is.

Marcia said...

You certainly got your 50 cents worth with him. You realize that he will be the child who will take care of you in your old age. (either that or will keep you from reaching old age)