Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Touch of the Master's Hand

Way too many awesome pictures today. I narrowed it down to 20 that I really wanted to post, so I made some collages in order to fit them all in. Click on them so you can see them bigger and hopefully get an idea of the beauty that surrounded us today.
We went on a "brutal" hike today. We will all feel it tomorrow I'm sure. But it was well worth it. The cliffs up here just leak water all over. You can stand under the water and get a cool shower, which feels great after hiking in the heat. But the waterfalls that are created are incredible.
Towards the top of our hike we were surrounded by sheer cliffs as high as we could see.


This is the end of our hike - Upper Emerald Pool. It was so incredible up there.

More water pictures. Some are the Virgin River. Some are the Lower and Middle Emerald Pools.


Our view as the sun went behind the cliffs. Thank goodness for the shade of those cliffs!


More hanging gardens. It's hard to get a good picture. On the right there is a waterfall coming right out of the rocks, but because of the lighting you can't see it very well.


The canyons are just beautiful. So green considering we are in the heart of the desert. Some places we hiked today reminded us of when we were in Oregon.

We found this quote in a museum we went into:

To view the wonders of creation
Is to look into the heart of God.

Michael Fatali


Well said.

5 comments:

REBYRYAN said...

Very pretty! It is hard to believe it is hot ANYWHERE in Utah! But I guess there is hope for summer!

Marcia said...

Beautiful!!! I think the one picture was the great white throne. That was one of my favorites in zion's canyon.
In response to your question on my blog, the houses I put in are original. They were "sold" mostly at auction after the saints left for way less than value (like $5) and people lived in them. The ones that were lived in, were able to be restored in their original form. The ones that weren't had to be made as replicas on the original foundation. That shows how important it is to have a "firm foundation".

The Fendleys said...

Love all of your pictures. It looks like you guys are having (or had, I am a bit behind) a lot of fun. I would love to go down to Zions. We did Arches and The Canyons and they were so pretty. It is hard to believe that I have lived in Utah my whole life and only seen just a little bit of it. You guys seem to be really good at being able to get out and see a lot of wonderful places. Lots of fun memories for your family. Your new trailer looks really nice. Fun, fun!!

Mr C said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time. I love you trailer. It seems "trailer made" for your family. Sorry we caught the whole trip in one day. We've been traveling ourselves! Not the same as yours, but I'll bet you didn't see a herd of camels!

Mr C said...

Think you could make up a series of postcards. BEAUTIFUL!!!