Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation

Whew! This has been a busy summer. I think we have camped out this summer more than any other summer. And we have loved every minute of it! Now as I sit here and think about going back to work tomorrow (UGH) and digging into my pile of laundry (8 days x 5 people - you get the idea), I think I will post some pictures for you. I'll probably do this in a couple posts so I can do more pictures. Lindsie was able to do a lot of the driving around for us, which Dean was happy about because he got to sit back and enjoy the scenery for once. Well, sometimes he sat back and enjoyed. Sometimes he sat and yelled and made poor Lindsie nervous! : ) That's a Dad's job, right?

Ok, so we drag our kids 5 hours all the way up to Colter Bay and what do they want to do? Let's see, DJ and Jarod are playing Nintendo DS and Lindsie is over here texting. UGH!! These kids!

Well, we finally did get them out of the trailer and down to the lake. Doesn't take long for them to be completely soaked! I don't know how they could stand it - it was decently cold. But they spend quite a bit of time submerged in Jackson Lake.


They took their "boogey boards" from last years vacation. Who cares if it's not the ocean? Surely we can catch some waves as the speedboats pass us by!


And then of course there is the boat. That's where I spent my time - nice and dry and trolling around the lake. So relaxing! This is actually Jarod and Dean in the boat.

Can't beat that view! I never get tired of looking at it!
To be continued . . .

4 comments:

Mr C said...

OH, we are SOOOOO jealous. Those mountains are so good to look at. I'm not sure we can fit everything into the short time we have before winter! By the way, you'll hate this, but when I first looked at Lindsie in the driver's seat, I thought it was you! That's scary!

Bressler Bunch said...

Oh thanks for the compliment. She is WAY skinnier than me!! And very cute, too. : )

The Fendleys said...

Looks like lots of fun, I love it up there. Sorry that you have to go back to work now, that's no fun. At least you got such a nice trip in before heading back. Can't wait to see more pics.

Ryan Cowley said...

I think kids are immune to cold!