Saturday, October 30, 2010

I can see clearly now. . . .

So I finally got it done. Went to Hoopes Vision last Tuesday and had my eyes fixed through the miracle of LASIK. I was so nervous before I went in I thought I would be sick! But the doctors and nurses there are SOOO nice and just put you right at ease (the valium the offered me didn't hurt either).

I was there about 2 hours, but I think the entire procedure took about 5 minutes total. And at my follow up 18 hours later . . . I had 20/20 vision! WITHOUT contacts or glasses!! It is so amazing.

Of course, after 32 years of contacts and glasses, old habits die hard. I still wake up looking for my glasses, even though everything is crystal clear. I still go into the bathroom looking to take out my contacts at least 3 times before I go to bed every night! But it is great. Kind of a pain right now because I have to put drops in my eyes every hour for the next three month! But it will be well worth it.

And those nice people at Hoopes even gave me a VIDEO of my surgery! Cool huh! If I had seen this video before surgery, I never would have gone through with it. It kinda freaked me out.

So for your Halloween viewing pleasure. . . here is my video!!

From here, they laser correct my cornea and then put the little flap back. This is only a small portion of my video because that is all that would fit for upload. If you are really DYING to see it, come on over!! =]

5 comments:

The Fendleys said...

That is one of the freakiest things I have ever watched!!! (I am a chicken though, so that might not be saying much) I am thinking that it is a good that you didn't see it before you had the surgery. That would totally make me not want to have it!!! I can't believe that you said that it wasn't that bad, it looked horrible!!! I am definitely going to have nightmares now, thanks a lot!!! On a good note, I am very glad that you got it done and you can see so good now. So congratulations on that :)!!

Ryan Cowley said...

Ummmmm....I'm thinking I will pass on the video! That's cool that you can see now! Just curious, what are the eye drops for?

Bressler Bunch said...

Antibiotics, steroids (to keep swelling away), artificial tears. Right now the nerves in my eye have to grow back and my tear ducts don't recognize that my eyes need to tear up when they are dry. That will be back to normal in a month or so.

Marcia said...

Julie, That is really amazing!!! I think one of the greatest miracles I have ever experienced was rolling over to look at the clock at night and not having to put on my glasses. I'm glad you are able to see. What a miracle!

Mr C said...

That is so gross! I will continue to be annoyed by my glasses, thank you very much. You are so brave.