Today (Monday) we got the tour of Kirtland. It is incredible to have the opportunity to walk in the same rooms where the prophet Joseph Smith received revelations and to be inside the first temple in this dispensation.
This guy was a pretty good tour guide!
Here is the Kirtland Temple. I have seen many pictures, but being there is different. To be in the rooms where God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith is so amazing.
Here we are in front of the temple.
Another shot in front of the temple. It isn't a working LDS temple anymore. It is owned by the Community of Christ church.
Here is the inside of the temple. Joseph Smith would have sat in the center seat, back row but on the other side of the building. This is actually seating for the presiding Aaronic priesthood leaders. And ok, I kinda cheated. They don't allow photographs inside the building, so I took a picture of a post card. But I really got to stand right in this room! Gave me the chills.
This is the cemetary in Kirtland. This is the grave of my great great great great great grandfather, John Johnson, who was a friend of the prophet. Joseph Smith lived in his home for a time.
This is the Smith marker. It is a headstone for, among others, the twins son/daughter that were born to Joseph and Emma and then died a few hours later.
Jarod looks good as a pioneer boy, don't you think? This was in the Kirtland Temple museum.
Here we are going into the Newel K. Whitney store. In the upstairs of this store is the school of the prophets. Didn't get a picture for some reason.
2 comments:
You guys sure are having one awesome vacation, wow!! It is like tons of small vacations pack tight into one HUGE one. Exhausting though I bet. Give Mom and Dad a hug and kiss for all of us. That picture made me miss them more. I bet that it is fun to see them. Thanks for sharing all the fun pics. I loved seeing them all.
It was super having you here! But, alas, all good things must come to an end and we are back at 'work' and hard at it! Already have seen picks of your visit to Niagara (via text message). You'll post some soon, we're sure. Wish we could have gone with ya'.
Post a Comment