Saturday, July 9, 2011

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...Oh man, we still are!

Spent most of today driving across Kansas. We say so much . . . nothing. I thought Wyoming was boring. Kansas comes in a very close second, if not tied. Here is . . nothing.
And some more . . .nothing.
This one is some cool . . . nothing.

We did manage to run into a little museum in the middle of all the nothing. It was called Fort Hays Museum. They filmed part of Dances with Wolves here. Don't we look just like Kevin Costner?


As we left Kansas (finally) and moved into Colorado, we ran into this. Kinda scary approaching this big wall of storm! Dean was hoping for a tornado, but thank goodness he didn't get his wish.


There was so much lightning! We would see bolts like this about every 2 seconds all across the sky. It was our entertainment for the day!


Now we drive through Colorado, then tomorrow HOME!!

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Nice of the weather to give you a little break in your lack of scenery! :)

The Fendleys said...

I love to watch lightening like that, not necessarily when I am driving in it, but it does look cool.