Monday, January 19, 2009

Mom and Dad Run Away

This is the room we stayed in this weekend. It was called "Rich's Drive-In."
This is a real truck. I'm dying to know how they got it in the room. It was fun, but the downside -- there was no carpet anywhere. Pretty cold on the feet in the morning. Notice the stairs for climbing in and out of bed.

We slept here in the back of the pick-up. It was fun, but quite a trick to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night (which of course, I suddenly had to go twelve times!!)

Here is the "snack bar." It came stocked with popcorn, candy, banana splits, hot dogs (with a hot dog cooker), and of course you can see the soda machine. We ate way too much food, but loved every minute of it. If you look REAL close, you can see me hiding in the closet. It was morning and I had bed head. I didn't want to be in the picture.


One last photo. It has nothing to do with our little escape, but it is cute so I included it. Here's Jarod at his latest basketball game. Notice the tongue action. That is what you call serious concentration!!




6 comments:

The Fendleys said...

That looks like an awesome room, very big. I bet it was lots of fun, I am jealous!!

The Fendleys said...

Another cute new background by the way.

Ryan Cowley said...

Too fun!! Is that stars on the ceiling? They do great detail work up there!

Mr C said...

Wow! How fun is that? We will need such a get-away when we get back! Although our house may seem that great after Mongolia!
I love the picture of Jarod. I have the same look of concentration on my face when I'm trying to curl my hair with one arm!

Alli said...

If this is the room in Logan than guess what?!? My husband Josh helped build it this summer! They have added some really fun new rooms up here! Looks like you guys had fun. Oh and by the way your kids are growing up way to fast :)

Bressler Bunch said...

Ok, Alli. I have to know. HOW'D THEY GET THE TRUCK IN THERE!!!???