Well, arriving home wasn't quite the sweet experience we were looking for. The kids ran in the house expecting to see a very excited puppy waiting for them only to find an empty house. We looked all over - no Joey. We had been gone two weeks, and on the day we were to arrive back he decided to run away! The night was spent with tears and we were worried that the good memories of our trip would be replaced with sad ones of a lost dog. Thank goodness for happy endings. A trip to the animal shelter this morning found our little dog scared and stressed but ok. And VERY excited to see his family. If we thought we was glued to Lindsie's side before . . .
One last picture. This was taken at breakfast before the last (BORING) leg home. If I thought Day 12 was boring, man yesterday had it beat by a long shot. The beginning parts of our drive were so pretty that they just flew by. But the road home felt like forever. Not sure why Heavenly Father created Nevada. Jarod insisted that I blog this picture, so here you go. End of vacation!! We're sad that it's over, but glad to be home. Now to tackle the laundry . . . .

What do you think Rebecca? Should we have a contest to see who can finish first?
5 comments:
The pile on my blog was the CLEAN laundry waiting for the kids to put it away. So..I already beat you (though it probably is already close to that much again).
Man. How do kids manage to dirty so much laundry? I have all those piles in the laundry room and I just went in their bedrooms and their laundry baskets are half full again. This is why I hate laundry! It's never done! At least your kids help you put it away. I tried that one for awhile with my kids. Do you know what they did? Dumped all the clean clothes back in their laundry baskets. I keep trying to figure out how their baskets got so full so fast!!!!
Oh, poor Joey! Glad you found him! Glad you all made it back safe! I am heading for Powell and will be gone most of next week but when I get back I am going to take a trip to the district to start some projects. Also, I want to make another curriculum map this year. It should be easy this year, just a few changes and all.
When I saw Mount Laundrymore I thought about your "unpacking". I was sure we would see another mountain of laundry. I think Jarod wanted that picture posted to show us all the he LOVED the trip and was so happy about ALL of it. Glad you found Joey. What a little stinker!
Sorry about Joey, I am glad you found him!! The laundry is the worst part of coming home from a trip, good luck!!
Post a Comment