Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 5 - Oregon Coast

Today we spent the day driving up the coast and seeing the sights. We went to the sea lion caves and even saw a whale swimming off shore! We hiked to a forest that opened up into Hobbit Beach and walked over to a lighthouse. We are VERY tired. Time for bed!! We watched this racoon eat his dinner right outside the window while we ate our dinner. He wasn't afraid of us one bit.
We saw this lighthouse from across the cove, then drove over and hiked up to it.
There's no better sunset than over the ocean.
We drove up to cape perpetua - the highest point on the west coast. It was an awesome view.
The ocean sure is beautiful in Oregon. Pine trees just suddenly turn into ocean!
The kids found lots of sea shells and even a couple star fish on the beach.
Couldn't keep Jarod out of the water - even fully clothed! It was so cold, I can't believe how wet he got.
See lion caves. I've never seen sea lions except on TV. They sure make a lot of noise.
Tomorrow - sand dunes!!

2 comments:

The Fendleys said...

I would love to see a light house in person. Looks like you saw a lot of REALLY cool stuff.

Mr C said...

I wonder if you know how lucky you are! I grew up in that area and never saw some of the things you have!

Looks like you have internet access somewhere after all. Glad you can keep us posted!

If it gets warm enough, you'll have to go 'body surfing'! But it's amazing how much fun you can have in that country even when the weather is what we are accustomed to referring to as 'bad'. It just takes some adjustment in the way we think and we find out that cloudy weather just offers a different kind of 'fun.'

Dad and Mom