Ok, so this year I turned . . well. . . old. Dean surprised me with a trip to Bear River Lodge, which is 15 or so miles south of Evanston Wyoming. We stayed in a cute little cabin and went snowmobiling up to Mirror Lake.
Wow, that is some DEEP snow. Can I tell you how hard it is to walk in snow that is waist deep? We didn't end up walking very far from our snowmobiles.
I didn't get these pictures in order. Oh well.
The day after we went snowmobiling, we decided to give snowshoeing a try. That was totally fun. We trekked down by the river. We couldn't see the river, it was under the snow. But we could hear it. It was cool.
This is my friend Bob. We built him right by the river. I would guess he is still there, but pretty buried in snow!
Wow, that is some DEEP snow. Can I tell you how hard it is to walk in snow that is waist deep? We didn't end up walking very far from our snowmobiles.
I didn't get these pictures in order. Oh well. The day after we went snowmobiling, we decided to give snowshoeing a try. That was totally fun. We trekked down by the river. We couldn't see the river, it was under the snow. But we could hear it. It was cool.
This is my friend Bob. We built him right by the river. I would guess he is still there, but pretty buried in snow!
Do I look awesome or what? Who says I am old . . . (shut up Jason)
4 comments:
There are A LOT of super good deals out there for that place. I hope that you got one of them. We have thought about going there, but haven't yet. Was the drive to get there very long? That is one of the things stopping us from going, but it does look like a lot of fun!!
Yep we got an incredible deal. I think it took a little less than an hour and a half to get there. Not too bad.
What a great way to spend your birthday. It looks like you had a lot of fun. And if you can still delight in building a snowman, you're not old.
I know, I know, you just posed for all the fun stuff. You are WAY too old to be doing any of that stuff! :D
Post a Comment