Monday, June 20, 2011

Chicago

Saturday we traveled from Des Moines, IA to South Bend, IN. We took a little detour up to Chicago. Approaching the city. Can you tell which one is the Sears Tower? It's the tallest building in the United States.



First stop - deep dish pizza! You always hear about the pizza in Chicago so we decided we needed to give it a try. OOOHHH is it YUMMY! And I'm sure sooo full of fat! But you only live once, so what the heck.

The cheese went on for miles I swear!


Next stop - Sears Tower. We only had a couple hours in Chicago, so that was what we decided to see. Here we are heading downtown. We have never been in a big city like this. It was a little bit intimidating, but so cool!


The elevator shoots you up 103 floors in about 45 seconds. Towards the top, it starts to shake and rattle a little bit. Man most places charge a bundle for a ride like that! Here is the view from the top. It's an inside observatory, you can't go outside.


This glass box is called "The Ledge." It is a glass box that hangs out over the city 1450 feet in the air! People get in it and look straight down over the city.


So here my children are hanging out over Chicago. I think Jarod was a little nervous. And yes, the big chicken (me) even went out on the Ledge! It was getting dark so my pictures didn't turn out. But I promise I really did it!


Night view. Beautiful city.

1 comment:

The Fendleys said...

That pizza looks SOOOOOO delicious!! The closest that I have come to pizza like that is at Sweet Home Chicago in West Jordan. You should try it and see if it tastes as good as the real thing.
That glass box looks ScArY!!! I would have been wetting my pants!! You have brave kids to lay on the floor like that.