Ok, so it has been a BUSY and EXHAUSTING six days. My blog has fallen behind because I am just just collapsing into bed every night and running and the crack of dawn. So this will be a very long post, but then I will be caught up!
Friday we drove from Kearney, NE to Des Moines, IA.
We kind of followed the Platte River through Nebraska. This is a big river! Not as big as the Mississippi, but still bigger than I am used to seeing.
In Omaha we stopped at the Henry Dorly Zoo. It is a huge zoo and very cool. This picture is in the jungle building. We are crossing a wet and slippery swinging bridge.
Climbing through the roots of the trees.
They have a fun sky ride that goes over the zoo. Great views of the animals.
It was a hot and humid day. We are finding as we go east it gets very humid and we are not used to it! So here we are cooling off in the mist.
We got to ride an elephant!! Well, sort of. This elephant didn't go anywhere. In fact, we didn't even see any real elephants in the zoo so I'm not sure why they had this statue.
This tram gives you a ride all over the zoo. It was a nice break from hiking around in the heat.
3 comments:
I want to go to that zoo!! It sounds like a REAL zoo, not like our wanna be one. Looks like lots of fun.
Happy Anniversary by the way!!
I'm so glad you got to go there. We absolutely loved that zoo.
Post a Comment