Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sacred Grove

We have spent a lot of time wandering through forested areas since we came east. There are trees EVERYWHERE. It's hard to wander without being in trees. But no forest has come close to the peace and beauty that is in the Sacred Grove. I wish so badly that we had had several hours to wander through the trails in the Grove, but time and a rainstorm cut our visit a little shorter than we wanted. I took a lot of pictures (as per mom's request!) but I'll just post a few.









A beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit in a beautiful place




One of the paths


" . . and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair . . I saw a pillar of light directly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me."


Joseph Smith History 1:16

3 comments:

The Fendleys said...

Love the pic of Lindsie, very pretty.

REBYRYAN said...

That would be such a neat place to go. One of these days....

Marcia said...

The sacred grove is such a place of spirit. The thing is, it's hard to imagine until you have actually walked inside of the grove. I'm so glad you guys got to experience it, even if your time was cut short.