Sunday, July 3, 2011

I miss Pennsylvania!!!!!!

We had such an amazing time in Pennsylvania with Dean's family. It was really hard to say goodbye. But all good things must end I guess. It was especially hard to leave my babies behind, but we decided before we left that we would fly the children home with Grandma and Dean and I would make the drive home alone. They were SO SO great on the 10 day drive out, we decided not to push our luck! So they get to spend a little more time in PA, then some time in Idaho and they will get home the day after we do! Lucky ducks!


So here are a few pics from our last day or so in PA. I WANT TO GO BACK!!! Here are my Civil War Soldiers. We went to so many historical places, particularly about the Civil War, so they were really into it. Uncle Dean's backyard is a forest, so what better place to play soldier? It was so funny to watch. They had a blast.


We found this fun park that looked like a giant wood fort. So many places to climb! We didn't have time to stay long, but they loved it.













Covered wooden bridge. Not many left back here, but we found this one. It creaks and groans a lot when you drive over it! YIKES!




Hunting for crawdads in Sherman Creek. The "creeks" out here are bigger than our rivers!









Lindsie caught one, then that was enough. They are kinda creapy little things!





Didn't take long for it to turn into a big water fight!






Aunt Helen made us "Thanksgiving dinner" complete with all the trimings! It was nummy!

Hi. I'm Dean. This is my cousin Dean. That's my uncle Dean. And this here is my son Dean. Yeah, it got confusing when anyone would call out "Hey Dean!!"
The whole fam. Man we miss you Uncle Dean, Aunt Helen and Deanie. We miss Grandma and the kids too! And we have only been gone 2 days!

3 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Dang! That's the way to do a vacation! Leave the kids behind....

The Fendleys said...

My kids LOVE to catch crawfish!!! I think they are a little creepy too (the crawfish not the kids)!!!

Mr C said...

I remember catching crawfish with Amy's kids! YUCK! Looks like a great place to have a vacation. Do you think Uncle Dean and Aunt Helen would cook one of those dinners for us? We are so close!